TV-Out turns off like some kind of power-save feature

Joachim Dagerot freebsd at dagerot.nu
Sat Jul 26 02:28:58 PDT 2003

My NVIDIA Geforce2 card works great with the nVIDIA beta driver. I only
use the tv-out feature and everything is fine except the fact that after
10 minutes the screen is blank, no signal from the card. The tv-signal
returns when I press 'any-key' on the keyboard (which isn't very
convenient when the computer is located far away from the tv-set)

This looks like some kind of power-save feature, but I can't fifure out
if it's something in the freeBSD native or if it's the XFree86 or the
nVidia that needs configuration.

Any help is much appreciated