ports-supfile config

Francesco Casadei fcasadei at inwind.it
Fri Jul 25 23:53:19 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 06:55:40AM -0700, marlon corleone wrote:
> thanks for the reply guys, i reconfigure my
> "ports-supfile" here's my new config:
>

> *default host=cvsup.sk.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix compress
>
> ports-all    tag=.
>
> i delete srcl-all entry.
>
>  here's my second question, its about the refuse file.
>
> i copy refuse file from /usr/share/examples/cvsup to
>
> /usr/ports/net/sup .
>
> is this the correct path to copy refuse file into that
> directory? if YES. the should i edit this line:
>
> FROM:
>
> *default base=/usr

> *default base=/usr/ports/net/sup
>
> or i should leave the default base config path?
>
> thanks and more power

[snip]
> end of the original message

Files under /usr/ports that do not belong to the Ports Collection will
be deleted when you run cvsup, so /usr/ports/net/sup is not a good
choice.

Quoting cvsup(1) manpage:

[...]
  As many as three refuse files are examined for each supfile line.  There
  can be a global refuse file named base/collDir/refuse which applies to
  all collections and releases.  There can be a per-collection refuse file
  named base/collDir/collection/refuse which applies to a specific collec-
  tion.  Finally, there can be a per-release and tag refuse file which
  applies only to a given release/tag combination within a collection.  The
  name of the latter is formed by suffixing the name of the per-collection
  refuse file in the same manner as described above for the list file.
  None of the refuse files are required to exist.

  cvsup has a built-in default value of /usr/local/etc/cvsup for base and
  sup for collDir but it is possible to override both of these. The value
  of base can be changed using the -b option or a base=pathname entry in
  the supfile.  (If both are used the -b option will override the supfile
  entry.)  The value of collDir can only be changed with the -c option;
  there is no supfile command to change it.

  As an example, suppose that the base and collDir both have their default
  values, and that the collection and release are `src-all' and `cvs',
  respectively.  Assume further that checkout mode is being used with
  `tag=RELENG_3'.  The three possible refuse files would then be named:

    /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse
    /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/src-all/refuse
    /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/src-all/refuse.cvs:RELENG_3

  If the supfile includes the command base=/foo the refuse files would be:

    /foo/sup/refuse
    /foo/sup/src-all/refuse
    /foo/sup/src-all/refuse.cvs:RELENG_3

  If -b /bar is used (even with base=/foo in the supfile):

    /bar/sup/refuse
    /bar/sup/src-all/refuse
    /bar/sup/src-all/refuse.cvs:RELENG_3

  and with -c stool as well:

    /bar/stool/refuse
    /bar/stool/src-all/refuse
    /bar/stool/src-all/refuse.cvs:RELENG_3
[...]

Personally, I use /usr/local/etc/cvsup as the base dir and /usr as the
prefix dir, i.e.

*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr

The refuse file I use for the entire Ports Collection is located at
/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/ports-all/refuse.

	Francesco Casadei
--
You can download my public key from http://digilander.libero.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B