Writing to parallel port

Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN] Danovitsch at Vitsch.net
Fri Jul 25 10:41:04 PDT 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 19:22, Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone an idea how to set/unset a bit on a parallel port in freebsd
> 4.7? I installed Device::ParallelPort from CPAN (Perl 5.8.0), but that does
> nothing (seems made for linux).
>
> Or if someone could point me to a little c-source, that would be helpful
> too; all I need is to toggle a bit to switch a relay.
Have a look at this piece of code if wrote :
http://vitsch.net/cgi-bin/gpl/cat.cgi/lampd/v1.0?lampd.c
It's a very small udp network daemon to control my roomlights over the LAN.

Basically you need to open /dev/io to get io read/write permission, after that
you are free to bang all IO-ports you want.

grtz,
Daan