What version of BSD should I use

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Fri Jul 25 09:50:49 PDT 2003

FreeBSD 4.8 is very stable.  5.x has some problems. (its new)

Sendmail works fine in FreeBSD 4.8.  Named is considered insecure
because people use it.  If you pick another product to be "safe", make
sure no one uses it.  Any suggestion on this list would be to popular
to be "safe".  As I said in my last email, people find holes in popular
software more often because they are looking.

If you keep your software up to date, you are "safe" from named or
sendmail exploits.  This is true on all platforms and will remain true.
(well ok microsoft doesn't fix everything)

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)