Problem with periodically done scripts

Peter Rosa prosa at pro.sk
Fri Jul 25 05:39:47 PDT 2003

Dear Luke,

thank you for helping. It is, of course possible, but on that machine
areonly 10 users, no one is added from 2001. Passwd is not the only file,
because whole security log seems as follows:

Checking setuid files and devices:

Checking for uids of 0:
root 0
toor 0
[: 0: unexpected operator

Checking for passwordless accounts:
[: 0: unexpected operator

hostname login failures:
[: 0: unexpected operator

hostname refused connections:
[: 0: unexpected operator

hostname checking for denied secondary zone transfers:
[: 0: unexpected operator

It seems to be an error of awk, which is used inside /etc/security script
(but not the only one). I have recompiled sed, sh but I can not reinstall
awk, as it is not in the port, nor /usr/src sub-tree.

Any solution ?

Peter Rosa