Virus Scanners

Fri Jul 25 00:13:25 PDT 2003

 > If you're looking for something licensed under the GPL, you might

>consider using Clam Antivirus:
>
>  http://freshmeat.net/projects/clamav/?topic_id=861

Thank's for pointing this out! I installed it with sysinstall
successfully and the version that got installed on my 4.8 box was 0.54.
It seems that the 'freshclam' util doesn't support mirror sites and the
default site clamav.elektrapro.com seems to be down (or the site has
been terminated) so I can't update the virus database. Is there a newer
version of Clamav for FreeBSD 4.8 where I could specify an other mirror
site for downloading virus databases?

Regards,

Johan Paul