syslog.conf .err destination (Was: Any way to stop a remote box gone crazy?)

sedwards at qrwsoftware.com sedwards at qrwsoftware.com
Thu Jul 24 09:54:31 PDT 2003

When he got to it, it had all sorts of error messages about VM and paging
on the console.  But he could not login so I had him reboot it.  But
apparently the logger quit storing messages in the messages file about 1
A.M., the next messages were the reboot messages at 18:00.

How does it work if I change it to send the messages to a remote host?

Thanks
 -Scott

Quoting sedwards at qrwsoftware.com:

> Hello I have a remote machine running FreeBSD 4.8 that runs my internet
> radio station (http://www.itsallgoodradio.com) and it has gone wacky.
It