mod_php4 build fails on fontconfig?

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Wed Jul 23 06:58:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:05:34PM +0200, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
> I should probably consult the mod_php mail list for this but I thought
> I'd try my luck here first since this is on FreeBSD 4.7 and I've had
> pretty good responses before from this list.
>
> I see now mod_php now requires XFree86 libraries ? I am not using X on
> this machine...
I noticed this too... ;/ Not sure what changed -
http://www.freshports.org/lang/php4/ suggests GD support for animated
gifs changed actually... perhaps it was this?

How about uninstalling GD and the rebuilding it without support
for X11 or XPM:

cd /usr/ports/gd2 && make -DWITHOUT_X11 -DWITHOUT_XPM clean install

then make clean install the mod_php4 port again?  You could perhaps try
installing /usr/ports/gd instead even, it doesn't look like that port
depends on any X related ports from looking at it's Makefile.

If you wanted to try and resolve the fontconfig issue (which I seem to
remember having as well recently) you could try a make clean install in
/usr/ports/x11-fonts/fontconfig (after cvsupping first).

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/