"make depend" fails, cc1: no such file
jez.hancock at munk.nu
Tue Jul 22 11:40:03 PDT 2003
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:15:48PM -0400, Stephen G Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 13:53, Jez Hancock wrote:
> > Have you installed the kernel developer package (iirc, don't have cd to
> > hand :)?
> Which kernel developer package would this be? I have searched around on
> the ftp sites and haven't been able to find anything like that.... Could
> you point me in the right direction?
I may be using the wrong 'terminology'! Let me grab my install CD was
rushing for food earlier... :)
1. insert FreeBSD 5.0 CD1 (I presume this will be the same for 5.1)
2. with effective uid 0 run:
3. select 'configure' from the sysinstall Main Menu
4. select 'Distributions' (not packages!) from the FreeBSD Configuration Menu
5. select 'src'... then 'all'
6. go for the install.
Did you do this already?
More information about the freebsd-questions