Increasing interface queues

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue Jul 22 08:01:59 PDT 2003

We have a box terminating a lot of MPD tunnels from dialup
connections.  When the modems at remote sites renegotiate due to poor line
quality, there will be a pause in the flow of data. Occasionally, the
interface on the terminating side will get a "no buffer space" as data is
accumulating to be sent out.  Is there a way for me to increase those queue
sizes so that the server's queue has more room to hold the data until the
other end is ready to receive again ?

The only sysctl var I could see
% sysctl -a | grep -i queue
net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen: 50
net.inet.ip.intr_queue_drops: 0
p1003_1b.sigqueue_max: 0

I dont think is related to this issue.

These are all netgraph interfaces BTW.

Thanks,

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa,                          	          tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,     			  mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada			  www.sentex.net/mike