Update to XFree86-4.3 - long startup

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Mon Jul 21 22:55:26 PDT 2003

Hello,

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 06:47, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> every PC on which I update XFree86 to 4.3 has long startup times when
> started with gdm or kdm.
>
> Earlier (e.g. on 4.2) it took 1 to 3 seconds to get the gdm or kde
> login. Now it takes from 10 seconds to 30 or more. I don't know why
> it happens.

Are you using Gnome-2.x? I have this issue on one of my boxes that I
migrated from Gnome-1.4 to Gnome-2.x around the same time XFree86 was
also portupgraded.

In fact, my login delays are closer to 1.5 minutes on this box - with a
long pause between running startx to the point where the Gnome-2.x
splash thingy appears.

Just so you know that you're not the only one.

Regards,

Stacey