Mail delivery wierdness

keith at smmc.qld.edu.au keith at smmc.qld.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 20:11:04 PDT 2003

Hi Ryan...

Yep I can confirm it was NOT listening on :25
The techie on the ground swore black & blue it was (always follow what you
know!). I figured it wasn't but maybe it was somethjing I didn't
understand?? He changed the config on exchange and voila! Now I can chat
with smtp on the mail server from outside!
Next question.
Squid is also on the gateway/firewall.
Mail is still not being delivered.
Can I assume if I can chat via telnet to the exchange server : 25 Then
mail can also get thru? Surely that means a persistent session is set up
and mail should also get to it. It isn't being delivered to mailboxes
there so what the???
Any ideas?
Thanks Keith