Using spamprobe on a FreeBSD System

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 21 06:40:10 PDT 2003

Jan Muenther writes:
>BerkeleyDB is free to use - and it's in the ports as well. Don't worry.

	Many thanks.  I see references to it, but I am not sure what I
have done wrong or need to do to make the configure script in
spamprobe-0.8b find BerkeleyDB.

	I found p5-BerkeleyDB so I thought that maybe it might bring
in the library that the configure script can't find.  The installation
of p5-Berkeleydb went perfectly and I have it installed, but still, no
joy.  Configure's output is as follows:

checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-2... no
checking for db_create in -ldb... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4... no
configure: error: No suitable BerkeleyDB library found.
  Use --with-db=PATH to specify the path to a version 3 or later install directory.
  You can download BerkeleyDB from http://www.sleepycat.com

	I don't know if I don't have it or if it is there by a
slightly different name.  ls -l /usr/ports/distfiles/BerkeleyDB* yields
-rw-r--r--  1 root  100  117477 Jun 14  2002
/usr/ports/distfiles/BerkeleyDB-0.19.tar.gz

	Something pulled it in when I was installing something else.