ctrl+alt+del & shutdown/reboot

Vitali Malicky life at zone3000.net
Mon Jul 21 05:18:01 PDT 2003

>Hi, I install linux & freebsd servers, and I'd like to shutdown (and not
reboot) my servers pressing ctrl+alt+del.

>I know how to in linux (inittab) but not in freebsd, because reading
manuals I have seen only how to disable the function >through kernel
reconfiguration.

>Please help me

there is such a good command "shutdown -r now" ("-r" means to reboot "-h"
means to halt)
you're discouraged to use "halt" and "reboot" cauz it's not a good way to
stop FreeBSD,... also there command "fasthalt", "fastboot"...