lyx/ispell NL error

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 01:06:22 PDT 2003

dick hoogendijk wrote:
> I have ispell installed on my fbsd-48 system with american (default) and
> dutch (nederlands.hash) language support.
> The default is english/american, so if I want to lookup a dutch word I
> have to do "ispell -d nederlands ; <word>"
>
> This may not be the wisest installation on a dutch system (???)
>
> Whenever I use LyX with dutch settings and babel and want to call the
> spellchecker (ispell) I get an error like "can't find a file for
> language NL" or something like that. It seems that at least LyX knows it
> needs to work w/ dutch ;-)) I can't solve the spellchecking though.
>
> I made a symlink from nederlands.hash to nl.hash and dutch.hash but that
> did nothing good.
>
> I'm not sure where to look: is it something in ispell or in LyX, or a
> forgotten setting in FreeBSD?
> Any dutch FreeBSD users here also working with LyX?

Did a google and found a page in Italion and had google translate it to
english. The page says to use the enviroment variable DICTIONARY (Then
after reading the ma page for ispell twice, well three times I noticed
it says the same thing). So give the environment variable a try and see
what happens.

HTH