FBSD PowerPak

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Sun Jul 20 06:23:14 PDT 2003

I posted a message a few days ago regarding my frustrations to obtain an
up-to-date PowerPak for FreeBSD 5.1. Because I don't have broadband, I
really would like to have the entire ports collection on CD-R.
Unfortunately, the PowerPak sold by FreeBSDmall is version 4.6, a full
year (and four versions) out of date.

Since I posted that message, one kind member of this list contacted me
and offered to attempt to create a homemade PowerPak by downloading the
distfiles and burning them to CD-R.

So, (forgive the pun) the burning question:

Exactly what directory from Freebsd servers should one download to
create a PowerPak? Perhaps the distfile directory? The gentlemen who
volunteered to do this isn't exactly sure, and I'm pretty clueless. I
assume there are no ready-made ISO files for producing a PowerPak, so
what would be the best procedure?

regards,
Robert