Installation problem. kernel not getting copied to / directory

prasad chandrasekaran c_presci at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 16 23:48:20 PDT 2003

Hi,
I am trying to install freebsd 4.7 on my pentium 2
machine standalone machine. The problem is it show 7
conflicts in kernel configuration under network. Since
I have no network card I disable every conflict by
pressing del key.

After that installation goes smooth. After
installation has been completed kernel doesn't get
copied to "/" directory only file I can see is
Kernel.GENERIC I am able to boot with this kernel but
I can't work with Freebsd cause all the directories
are turned into readonly.

It doesn't boot into multiuser environment. If someone
could help me I would highly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
regards
prasad chandrasekaran

=====

Software is like sex it's better when it's free!! -  linus torvalds