wanting to pkg_add KDE/Gnome post-install

Joshua Lokken joshua at joshualokken.com
Wed Jul 16 16:20:56 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torben Brosten" <torben at kappacorp.com>
To: <joshua at joshualokken.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: wanting to pkg_add KDE/Gnome post-install

> Thank you for the info, Joshua. I must not have written a very clear
message.
> What you suggest *is* what I did first when I wrote "cvsup etc".  The only
> difference between your suggested  supfile and mine (besides the mirror)
is that
> I used src-all, which I believe includes ports-all.

Did you read the documentation link I sent?  If so, you'll see that
the stable sources are for the OS.  They do not include the ports
collection.  You need two supfiles, or to specify both tags and both
collections.  Please, for your own sake, see:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

and

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

> and instead of 'tag=.' I
> used the recommended 'tag=RELENG_4' for 4-stable.

That doesn't get you the updated ports.

> The error I get is:
>
> # xf86config
> xf86config: Command not found.   #yes, from root
>
> since it didn't work, I thought I'd try cvs -r (packagename), but still
unable
> to find the config files.

Yes, you can take care of this by:

cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 && make install clean

HTH,

Joshua