Configure script fails when building many ports (e.g. mozilla, spacehulk)

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Wed Jul 16 10:32:20 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 04:57:31PM +0000, freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com wrote:
> > What does:
> > ldconfig -r
> >
> > look like?
> > --
> > Jez
>
> /var/run/ld-elf.so.hints:
> 	search directories:
> /usr/lib:/usr/lib/compat:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/compat:/usr/local/lib/mysql:/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg:/usr/local/lib/wine:/usr/local/lib/kde3
> 	0:-lssl.3 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.3
<snip>
so this line is right then: ?
> 	257:-lXext.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6

Was just a hunch that perhaps a stray libXext lib got installed and was linked
to the wrong place... but I guess not :(

Perhaps find out what installs that library and try removing it?  See if
your install sees it not installed and attempts to install it again?  No
doubt there are a whole bunch of ports that rely on it though ;/

Not much help I'm afraid, good luck anyway.
--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/