Complete FreeBSD the same as the online handbook?

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 16 03:55:31 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:50:19PM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> This message is sent again as I had forgotten to trim te settings in my
> newly installed sylpheed (I'm sorry about the former one)
> =================
> I have a question:
>
> The complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey seems to be very good documentation
> on FreeBSD and it's mentioned often in this NG.
>
> Am I right to assume that this is the printed equivalent of the online
> handbook?

No.  "The Complete FreeBSD" is a different book, much as "Absolute BSD" by
Michael Lucas and "FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your Personal
Computer" by Annelise Andersen are different books.

I haven't read any of the the three mentioned above, so make no recommendation.

> If not, how can I obtain a printed copy of the handbook other than
> printing it myself (something I don't want to do ;-))

The FreeBSD Mall sell paper copies on their website at www.freebsdmall.com.
Note that there is soon to be a third edition.

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.