KDE process is unkillable

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 01:47:31 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 daniela5743 at gmx.net wrote:

> I don't have NVIDIA drivers. Is there any known bug in the
> ATI Radeon driver?
>
> I rebooted, and all I have is the saved output from fstat,
> no core dump. Is this enough to find out what was wrong?
> Can I reproduce it under controlled circumstances?

You said the process was marked as stuck waiting for disk activity. Do
you have any network-mounted (or other unusual) filesystems on this
machine?

If a processes wedges in the middle of a kernel call, then you won't be
able to kill it - the behaviour you've seen here.

Goedel would be proud - I'm both inconsistent _and_ incomplete.