Automatic bounce problems

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Tue Jul 15 19:17:13 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:58 am, vizion communication wrote:

> For the second time I have had mails to me stopped due to
> automati claissification of mails which have temproarily not
> been accepted by a mail server to mailserver malfunction at
> an ISP. This is the only freebsd list for which this has
> occured.

FWIW, one characteristic of spam is the inclusion of the recipent's
email address in the body of the message.  Hence some filters will
bounce such messages.
Unfortunately, M$ Outlook automatically and completely stupidly,
includes a header showing the sender's email address in it's reply - so
the message gets classified as spam.

What does your mailer do when you <R>eply?

--
Regards,
Brian