amanda-clent prt and gtar

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 14:20:36 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 04:50:09PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 04:26:19PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:39:01AM -0400, stan wrote:
> > > I'm having trouble getting the amanda-client port to build. It has a
> > > dependency on gtar, and when it tries to build this dependency, the gtar
> > > port simply says that gtar is in the base system now.
> > >
> > > How can I work around this?
> >
> >     # cd /usr/ports/misc/amanda-client
> >     # make WITHOUT_GNUTAR=yes install
> >
> nks, I did this and it worked.
>
> Will I still be able to use tar incremental backups using this
> installation?

It should just use the system tar, and if you're on a
recent 4.x-RELEASE or -STABLE then the system tar is gnutar:

    % tar --version
    tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
    This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
    You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
    see the file named COPYING for details.
    Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

So, yes.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way