HP or Compaq servers.

Grzegorz Czaplinski G.Czaplinski at prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl
Tue Jul 15 11:04:51 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:29:32PM -0400, Will Saxon wrote:
> > Hi Will,
> > Thanks for the grat feedback! Your informations are great!
> > Anyway DL360G3 is too much for us. I was thinking about ML line, like
> > ML330G3 or ML350G3. No one in Polish Compaq support is willing to help
> > me with this as they simply don't have such knowledge.
> >
> > Do you have any of ML line? Does any one here have? I need this info!
> >

> Gregory,
>
> We bought an ML370G2 about a year and a half ago. I was able to install FreeBSD on it and compile/boot an SMP kernel. That was about the extent of my playtime with the machine, which was quickly whisked off to slave away as an MS SQL 2000 server.
>
> I know the onboard NICs work fine using the fxp driver, the onboard video works OK and the onboard RAID controller is also supported via the ciss driver. The fans dont get all loud either.

Will,
Thank you very much!

From some sources I know that all ML and DL lines work fine with
FreeBSD. The one who told me about that is using HP an Compaq servers
and had only problem to install Solaris x86 on it.

I was lucky today and found one lady in HP support, who is going to
arrange some test lab for me to test FreeBSD on those servers.
I will try to check as much as I can and will put the results on the
web.

That would be good to have a webpage with server configurations that run
under FreeBSD. Don't you think so?

Cheers,
	gregory
--