configuring dial-up for extreme novices (i.e. Mom).

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Jul 15 08:36:05 PDT 2003

Yes you can do what you have described. User ppp has a mode that
will not dial out until network services are needed by user. Give
your Mom a script to run which will start fetchmail, user ppp will
automatically start and call your ISP and connect, fetchmail will
complete. Then have commands in script to kill fetchmail and user
ppp, and start Mutt to read mail from postfix.