Weird ./configure errors

Brad brad at perfectcircle.ca
Mon Jul 14 16:57:02 PDT 2003

I'm having a rather odd issue thought I would try this list. It's not a critical issue but should probably be fixed up. It's when some of my users do a ./configure on the same eggdrop tarball, they get these errors:

checking for TclpFinalizeThreadData in -ltcl84... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
mv: Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
mv: doc/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating scripts/Makefile
mv: scripts/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating src/Makefile
mv: src/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating src/md5/Makefile
mv: src/md5/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating src/compat/Makefile
mv: src/compat/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating src/mod/Makefile
mv: src/mod/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating config.h
mv: config.h: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: executing default-1 commands
creating lush.h
config.status: executing default-2 commands

Configure is done.

Now, I have tried compiling on the pre-made groups by fbsd such as wheel and staff and they compile with no problems. I have created groups for the package that each user purchased, silver, gold, platinum etc. and it would appear as though users in these groups are the only one's getting these errors. Again, while this does not seem to be causing any "noticeable" errors, it's probably not a good thing that mv is failing to set ownership. It also does not appear to be a permissions thing as I did testing such as chmod -R 777 on the home dir and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Brad.