Use linux_base-debian instead of linux_base?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Mon Jul 14 11:50:18 PDT 2003

At 2003-07-14T17:01:50Z, Jonathan <jonathan at sirtis.org.uk> writes:

Jonathan,

> Take a look at portupgrade (/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) which has
> portinstall, which you can use instead of cd /usr/ports/blah/blah && make

I've been using portupgrade for ages, but I hadn't thought about using it to
work around the problem.

> Then you can configure in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf using
> ALT_PKGDEP. The sample in the config says:

>    #   ALT_PKGDEP = {
>    #     # If you use apache13-modssl instead of apache13
>    #     'apache-1.3.*' => 'apache+mod_ssl-1.3.*',

I've added this to my pkgtools.conf (and the portupgrade port is the current
version):

  ALT_PKGDEP = {
    'linux_base' => 'linux_base-debian'
  }

but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Do I have to do something to make
portinstall aware of that setting?
--
Kirk Strauser