NTP broadcast client

Kurt kurtbuff at spro.net
Sat Jul 12 14:22:47 PDT 2003

Howdy all,

I've got a Windows machine running Tardis ( nice piece of shareware) on
my network, and it's broadcasting ntp updates on the subnet. I'm trying
to get my freebsd machines to listen to those broadcasts to maintain
their own clocks, rather than querying the outside servers.

I've got the following line in my rc.conf, which I read *somewhere*
after much googling that it would simply start the ntp daemon in
listening mode:

ntpd_enable="YES"

However, I see no ntp daemon, and am wondering just where I went
wrong....

Any assistance rendered would be much appreciated.

Kurt