Apache Seg Faulting

Ian Barnes ian at cerebellum.za.net
Sat Jul 12 08:32:08 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am having problems getting my apache running.

I have run apache+mod_php4 for almost a year now. Today i recompiled php4
(which was running on the latest version allready), to add in GD, and some
other support. Now, if i try and start apache it core dumps. It creates a
httpd.core file which is 3 meg big. Now if i tell it not to load the php4
modules, by commenting out the 2 php4 modules, then apache starts perfectly.

Could i be the modules ?
This is very serious, as my sites all run of php, so now everyone is down.

Thanks for the help.

Ian

P.S. Im running latest php, apache version 1.3.26. Its running on a BSD
4.8Stable system