Question about rebooting server

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Fri Jul 11 20:48:27 PDT 2003

	Hi all.  Got an older box running Fbsd v4.6 and for some silly reason it's
got this strange habit of giving an error (didn't stay up long enough to
write it down) that sounds like a kernel panic, except instead of the
typical kernel panic message, it fills the screen with some message about
an application error, hit any key or the server will reboot in 15
seconds.  It only does this when compiling or after the box has been up for
more than 24 hours.  It's not a mission critical machine, but it's got some
data on it I'd prefer not to loose.  I know I'm being kinda vague, but it
happens at random and I usually see the error on the screen just before the
box reboots.  So I don't have time to catch it.  I'm sure someone has had
this before.  This is also the same box that had the ports installation
issue.  Any insight into this would be welcome.  Also, if I see the error
again, I'll try to write it down.