Lukemftpd and directory permission

Paul MacKenzie pc.mackenzie at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 11 09:55:07 PDT 2003

Hi,

I was testing out the lukemftpd in stable and ran into this problem which
is probably easy to fix but is stumping me.

When we create a directory under any class, the read and execute
permissions on the Other bit is disabled (no "Other" read permissions on
any directory created via FTP). This poses a problem as any directory
created under FTP will not be readable for web purposes.

Here is the command we had in Inetd.conf

ftp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/lukemftpd  ftpd -ll -r -u

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Paul