cvsup tag for 4.8-STABLE?

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 10 03:12:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:58:00 +0900, Rob Lahaye
<lahaye at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>>> Either that or RELENG_4_8, where the latter only gets absolutely
>>> critical fixes.
>
> What am I cvsup-ing, when I use:
>
> *default release=cvs tag=.
>
> The manual says about this
> .  "The main branch (the `current' release). This is the default,
> if only the date keyword is given."
>
> But what is 'current'? Is that 5.2 at the moment? Or 4.8-current for me?
> (my FreeBSD version is 4.8).
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.

You want to get rid of /usr/obj after a 'make world' fails - don't know if
you were doing that or not.

-CURRENT is the same for everyone.  It's 5.x at the moment (don't think
we've reached 5.2 yet, though I haven't cvsupped in a week or two).  There
is also only one -STABLE branch, 4.x at the moment, tag=RELENG_4.

Jud