Can't install/upgrade/remove ports (somewhat resolved)

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Wed Jul 9 06:22:28 PDT 2003

         It was happening to all ports.  I can't even install fresh.  But
it seems that the problem I'm having with that server is much bigger than
just the ports.  I'm running into all kinds of joy and fun trying to get it
to behave.  It's panicking on compiles and spontaneously rebooting.  I'm
suspect of either something in the hardware or the ram, but I'm not sure
which.  I've already switched over to my backup server and I'm just going
to take this one and throw the book at it to see what breaks and then fix
it from there.