mounting filesystems

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at datasphereweb.com
Tue Jul 8 10:12:04 PDT 2003

> FreeBSD team,
>
> I am having problems mounting my filesystem after moving the
> drive from slave to master, the old location was,
> '/dev/ad1s1a', and the device is now called 'ad0'.

I can tell you what the problem is, I just don't know exactly how to fix
it.  I believe it is your /etc/fstab file.  All the entries that had
ad1xxx now need to be ad0xxx.  If you have any interaction at all (ie,
it asks you for a boot prompt, you might be able to boot to device
ad0s1a, manually mount the slice, edit fstab and reboot.  Matthew Seaman
gave a good (detailed) method of doing something similar, so you might
search the archives or google for it.

I am a mount amateur myself, so I can't get too specific.  Good luck.

-Derrick