Nwclient-6.0.2 core dumps on startup

Kirk Davis kirk.davis at epsb.ca
Mon Jul 7 14:41:25 PDT 2003

Hi,
	I have installed the Networker client from the ports
(/usr/ports/net/sysutils/nwclient602).  The clients seems to run fine when
started up manualy as the root user.   When I create a shell script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d it core dumps on startup with the following error:

Jul  7 15:35:00 bifrost2 /kernel: pid 951 (nsrexecd), uid 0: exited on
signal 10 (core dumped)

	I have tried to create an AT command to run it after the server is
up without any luck.  It always runs fine when started manually though.  The
port is a binary port so I don't have source to look at.

	Here is a GDB dump of the core file....

# gdb /usr/local/nsr/bin/nsrexecd nsrexecd.core
GNU gdb 4.18 (FreeBSD)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `nsrexecd'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.4...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
#0  0x809bcb9 in getsockname ()

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this thing to startup on boot?  Am I
the only one using this port?  What is different when running something from
boot,at, or cron than from the command line?

---- Kirk

Kirk Davis
Senior Network Analyst, ITS
Edmonton Public Schools