PHP not interpreted.

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Mon Jul 7 03:51:26 PDT 2003

Try again...  Broken MTA settings meant the previous attempt got eaten
somewhere...

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 01:21:41PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> redmyrlin wrote:
> >I originally had Apache 1.3.27 running OK with mod_php4.  I decided to
> >add SSL capability so uninstalled apache using "pkg_delete -f ".  I then
> >used "make install" in the ports tree to install
> >apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14.
> >
> >Everything seemed to go OK and my plain html files display correctly,
> >both on "http" and "https".  However when I point my browser at a  .php
> >page I get a text listing of the code and not the interpreted html
> >page.  I'm sure I've broken or misconfigured something and just need
> >someone to point out my stupidity.
> >
> >Please, what have I done wrong and how can I correct it?
>
> The apache config file (in /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf) no longer
> has the config information for php.
> I prefer to hack the Makefile in the ports to refer to apache+modssl
> instead of just apache, and then install php from ports (which modifies
> the conf file for you), but you can also manually add the required
> configuration information.  See the php docs if you want to do it that
> way.

I found a neat way of achieving the same thing with the portupgrade config
file, /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  It has the benefit that it won't get
overwritten next time you cvsup your ports tree, so you won't have to risk
forgetting to modify the Makefile for ports you install or upgrade.  It is
also a more general solution - this one change affects all ports that depend
on apache13, not just those whose Makefiles you change.

Look for ALT_PKGDEP, and add this:

    'www/apache13' => 'www/apache13-modssl',

with all quotes and commas intact.  Effectively, it tells portupgrade to use
apache13-modssl whenever a port claims dependency on apache13.

I think this appeared in a fairly recent update to portupgrade, so you might
need to portupgrade portupgrade...  ;-)

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \