PHP not interpreted.

redmyrlin redmyrlin at eml.cc
Sun Jul 6 09:49:08 PDT 2003

I originally had Apache 1.3.27 running OK with mod_php4.  I decided to
add SSL capability so uninstalled apache using "pkg_delete -f ".  I then
used "make install" in the ports tree to install
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.14.

Everything seemed to go OK and my plain html files display correctly,
both on "http" and "https".  However when I point my browser at a  .php
page I get a text listing of the code and not the interpreted html
page.  I'm sure I've broken or misconfigured something and just need
someone to point out my stupidity.

Please, what have I done wrong and how can I correct it?

TIA
Graeme