Does Bill Gates own any of those Linux distributions firma?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Fri Jul 4 10:07:53 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 11:41:57AM -0400, Lucas Holt wrote:
>Before the antitrust trial, Bill Gates did own SCO Stock.  I don't know
>if he was forced to sell it or not.  Bill or another family member may
>still own stock in SCO.

Microsoft sold most of its SCO stock long before the Caldera buyout, and if
I remember correctly, never owned more that 15%.

>As for me, I chose FreeBSD over linux on my server simply because I
>have faith in Unix.  Its time tested.  Linux on the other hand tends to
>be a war of personalities.. and the kernel shows it.  It didn't hurt my
>feelings that Apple uses FreeBSD code in Mac OS X either.

If you want personality wars, how 'bout openbsd/netbsd :-).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

Bagdikian's Observation:
	Trying to be a first-rate reporter on the average American
	newspaper is like trying to play Bach's "St. Matthew Passion"
	on a ukelele.