need help with mozilla spell checker!!

bsd_junkie bsd_junkie at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 3 23:45:38 PDT 2003

I am running mozilla 1.4 on freebsd under linux emulation. I need spell
checking for the email client so i went to the following site to install it.

 http://spellchecker.mozdev.org/installation.html

At the site above i choose the l.4 install, it said it installed ok but
there is no spell check. I checked the install.log and it showed
everything going into the the /usr/local/mozilla/components dir. The
files that the log showed to put into the above are indeed there, so
what gives?
I have restarted mozilla several times as root and rebooted the machine
to no avail.