Which server-side programming should i choose.

JacobRhoden jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jul 3 17:26:55 PDT 2003

Even though this is getting waaay off topic...

  On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:46 pm, Matt Heath wrote:
  > Ever seen something like this :
  > $r = mysql_execute("select * from table_1 where id=$_GET[id];");

Actually people do do the same thing and perl and you know it :P Both perl and
php support calling sql with parameters using ? to insert variables. If
someone does not know what language to use at all, I would suggest php simply
because its a good, quick, easy language to get started in without too much
difficulty. (In lots of ways including not needing to understand cgi
variables, and what the heck Content-type: text/html\n\n is, or learning how
to include perl librarys to do all that stuff for you!)

PS: I prefer perl but do and have used php frequently.

 - jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386