Sound oddity in FreeBSD 5.1

Kosh phoenix at dsli.com
Wed Jul 2 00:13:43 PDT 2003

Hello,
I've been using FreeBSD since 4.6 and I just recently upgraded to 5.1
and got curious to see if  FreeBSD would support my sound
card (Sound Blaster 16)  I recompiled the kernel after adding in "device
pcm" in the CUSTOM kernel I first created.  I will
get sound now if I play a CD, however, in KDE (Which is my GUI)  None of
the system sounds will play.
Anyone know if this is a KDE oddity or just a bad setting or two (KDE
 is KDE  3.1 all default settings, including autodetect
for the sound)

 - Dave -