Racoon with Raptor

Wayne Pascoe freebsd at penguinpowered.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 03:08:22 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm setting up a VPN between a FreeBSD box and a raptor box. I'm having
some issues with racoon not exchanging keys correctly though.

I'm getting the following error when I run racoon in the foreground:

2003-07-01 11:05:58: ERROR: isakmp.c:1776:isakmp_chkph1there(): phase2
negotiation failed due to time up waiting for phase1. ESP
213.xx.xx.226->213.xx.xx.135

226 is the Raptor machine and 135 is our FreeBSD machine.

The raptor admin has said to use md5 as the hash algorithym and des as
the encryption algo. I have the following in my config file:

proposal {
	encryption_algorithm des;
	hash_algorithm md5;
	authentication_method pre_shared_key;
	dh_group 2 ;
}

sainfo anonymous
{
	pfs_group 1;
	lifetime time 10 min;
	encryption_algorithm des;
	authentication_algorithm hmac_md5;
	compression_algorithm deflate ;
}

I've tried aggressive, main and base as my exchange mode.

Anyone got any ideas about this ?

Thanks,

--
Wayne Pascoe