List of absolutely required files for FreeBSD?

Philip Hallstrom philip at eilio.com
Wed Dec 31 13:30:08 PST 2003

Hi -
	I was wondering if there is a list of absolutely required files
for FreeBSD?  I'm trying to trim an installation down as small as possible
(to put on Compact Flash).

If I start out with just the 'bin' directory for the release there's
around 100megs of files.  Obviously a lot of them like ipfw I don't need.

However, what about things like awk? I won't use it, but are there other
parts of FreeBSD (ie /etc/rc.* files)?

Is there a list somewhere that would help determine what files are used by
FreeBSD for normal operation?

Thanks!

-philip