ipf / pf availability in 4.9

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Wed Dec 31 12:13:40 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Will Prater" <lists-wp at mercurycloud.net>
To: <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com>
Cc: <questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: ipf / pf availability in 4.9

> On Dec 31, 2003, at 5:12 AM, fbsd_user wrote:
>
> > The post you are replying to tells you pf has been ported to FBSD.
>
> Yes, and my question was how to get a port to 4.9. I am aware of the
> port being available for 5.0, 5.1.
>
> I would like to know if anyone has gotten it to run on 4.9 and what
> patches were necessary.
>
> Thanks

Are you talking about PF or IPF in 4.9? If it's IPF, it's a kernel option.
Check out LINT and you'll find:

options         IPFILTER                #ipfilter support
options         IPFILTER_LOG            #ipfilter logging
options         IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK  #block all packets by default

Also, you should be able to do a man ipf on 4.9.
--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.