tar question...

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Dec 31 11:30:51 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 1:21 pm, Xpression wrote:
> Hi list, I've googled to search an aswer but no one match
> mine. I want to tar all files on a directory without include
> any other directory, I've tried with --exclude but no hope,
> any suggestion ??? Thanks...

I dom something similar to what you ask. What I do is tar a directory and all
it's contense EXCEPT one diectory. It goes something like this:

tar -zcf  name.tgz --exclude MP3 dirname/

Explanation:

I'm tarring a dir. and excluding the dir MP3 and it's files.
I'm sure you will be able to expand on this.

Use  man tar to see all the switches.

Best regards,
Chris