kmplayer issues anyone?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:32:25 PST 2003

>Is there a secret to getting kmplayer to play dvds and mpeg files?  I have
>mplayer, gmplayer, kmplayer all installed.  If I enter mplayer <filename>
>from within KDE, I get an initial image on the screen, but don't know the
>keyboard shortcuts to get it to play (but I can pause it!).  gmplayer and
>kmplayer both won't even show the initial image.  kmplayer doens't do
>anything and gmplayer said something about unable to use -vo video-out
>specified.

Are you starting from the KDE "run command" dialog?
Try running from the commandline and see what kind of output you get.

I do not have a dvd player, but mplayer (and kmplayer and kplayer) play
every video format I have ever tried so far. That said, I have an athlon
processor and needed to add

options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE
options         CPU_ATHLON_SSE_HACK

to my kernel config for any of this to work.