ZOT Print Server....

Eric F Crist ecrist at adtechintegrated.com
Wed Dec 31 05:32:02 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 05:59 am, Lee Mx wrote:
> Eric,
>
> If I were smart I would give up now and quit showing my ignorance by not
> being able to help you, but I'm not. ;-)  I've used network printers for
> years and have never had a problem.  I assume that the responses above are
> for lp1 and that you can ping 192.168.1.printer_ip and the mac is the
> correct one (want to be sure the packets are going where we think they are
> going.) netstat -nr will give you that one.  Unfortunately, these have
> always worked out of the box for me so I have no experience troubleshooting
> them.  The worst case for me has been that you need a windows box to set
> dhcp with propriatary software:)
>
> sorry,
>
> P.S. Did you try to print the test page from apsfilter?   Can the windows
> boxes access it through the ip?  (looking for the needle in the haystack.)

Lee,

Thanks for the help.  I've found I don't care about looking ignorant anymore
because of some of the questions I've asked in here...

I know I can ping the print server, and I know I've got the right IP address
as this printer server has a built-in webpage for configuration.  Also, it
has the capability of configuration via tftp.  Out of the box you type a

# arp -s <new ip for print server> <print server MAC address>
# tftp <ps IP> get config.txt

You fill in the appropriate fields for configuration, and put the config.txt
file back on the print server with

# tftp <ps IP> put config.txt

So, really this is a pretty advanced little monster.  I _can_ print from the
windows boxes, as they're using the lpr system as well.  I set them up this
way so I could be sure that the lpr/lpd settings on this devil worked.  As
far as the apsfilter test page, it works via parallel connection, but I
cannot print it to the printer via the nework.

I'm almost thinking at this point I need to contact the tech support personnel
over at Zero One.  They've been a help in the past when the windows driver
didn't want to install right away.

TIA
--
Eric F Crist