jdk14+tomcat5 crashing box

Brett Gulla bgulla at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 30 00:08:55 PST 2003

I am experiencing a reproducable system crash.  If I access a tomcat
application
(or use the mod_jk connector) then stop the tomcat service then restart the
tomcat service, the box will crash.  I'm not terribly concerned over this as I
am using this box as development - porting to tomcat5 - but I would be willing
to assist anyone who wishes to delve into the problem with me.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thus far I have not been able to find any information in the system logs or
anywhere else.  I may need assistance on where to look.

Just before the system crashes the console displays a brief message and reboots
- I can't get the information and at this point I'm not willfully crashing the
machine over and over.

Below is some information I believe may be helpful

sysctl.conf:
net.inet6.ip6.v6only=0

system:
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p11 #1: Fri Nov 28 0
5:09:25 EST 2003     /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSD1007  i386

packages:
apache-2.0.47
mod_jk-apache2-1.2.2
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.14