ghostview missing libc.so.4?

chip chip at wiegand.org
Mon Dec 29 18:51:02 PST 2003

Matthew Emmerton wrote:

>You sound like you're running 5.x.  You will need to install the
>compat4x distribution to get FreeBSD-4.x compatibility libraries.
>
>You sound lik you should be running 4.x anyway -- 5.x is still a strange
>mix of "bleeding edge" and "stable" -- but it *is* called -CURRENT for a
>reason.
>
>Matt

I am running 5.1-release. When I first read your response I thought
'wait a minute - it is a release, so it is stable'. Then I went back and
read the info on the web site about 5.1-release. It is a 'release' based
on the 'current' 5.0-current. I learned that just becuase it says
-release doesn't mean it is based on -stable. Guess I hadn't noticed
that before. Anyway, all is working fine now.
Thanks.
--
Chip