trouble installing rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz

Frederick Thomas nikita_the_jew at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 09:41:24 PST 2003

shalom,
      I have a question which I hope that you can help me with. I just tried to intstall
rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz on my system[freebsd 4.8] and have not been able to get it to
./configure let alone make. Is there a special dir, ( /usr/compat/linux?), or dependencies
that are required to compile the tarball? My main reason for trying top install a package
manager is that I've had problems with gmetadom[lastest] and various other tarballs with
limited success. I am attempting to teach myself about unix and could just use a pointer
in the right direction. Thank you for your time...

                                                                                                 nikita_the_jew at yahoo.com